Sunday mornings have always been special to Sarah and I. We would turn on CBS Sunday Mornings while drinking coffee in bed. Half way through the show we would get up and make breakfast together while watching TV in the kitchen, in our PJ’s! I would cook the bacon while Sarah made one of her favorite go-to recipes-this one, which we would carry back to our room and enjoy breakfast in bed!
Ready in about 20 minutes
Serves 2 hungry people
- 4 tblsp. butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of your favorite maple syrup
- 1 medium (1 cup) apple, peeled & chopped into very tiny cubes
- 2 tblsp. Firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ tsp.ground cinnamon
- Powdered sugar to dust over pancake
- Heat oven to 425°. Melt 2 tblsp. Butter in 9” glass pie pan in oven (4-5 min). Brush melted butter over bottom of pan.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, milk and eggs in medium bowl; beat with wire wisk until well mixed. Carefully pour batter into hot pie pan. Bake for 14 to 17 minutes or until puffed and light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 2 tblsp. butter in 8” nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add maple syrup, cubed apple pieces, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook until apple is tender (4-5 min); keep warm.
- Spoon apple mixture over puffed pancake; sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve immediately!
DOWNLOAD THE RECIPE